Skip to main content

Menendez Bros D.A. 'Strongly Supports' Clemency Freedom Before Thanksgiving on the Table

1030 menendez brothers newsome george gascon getty comp Getty Composite Huge development for Erik and Lyle Menendez ... the L.A. County D.A. is pushing for a path to freedom that could set the brothers free in a matter of weeks. L.A. County D.A. George Gascón just said he "strongly" supports the Menendez brothers' request for clemency. Erik And Lyle Menendez Together Erik And Lyle Menendez Together Launch Gallery Getty TMZ broke the story ... Erik and Lyle's lawyer, Mark Geragos, filed legal docs Tuesday with California Governor Gavin Newsom, asking him to grant clemency to his clients. It's significant, because over the weekend, Newsom dropped a podcast in which he said, "This is obviously some new compelling evidence that was introduced" ... referring to, among other things, a letter Erik sent to his cousin strongly insinuating his dad was molesting him just months before the murders. Newsom also said he often grants clemency around Thanksgiving time. Play video content1024-gavin-newsom-TMZ-AUDIO-ART-DESKTOP-110/29/24 FACTS MATTER Politickin' with Gavin Newsom, Marshawn Lynch, and Doug Hendrickson The key here ... if Newsom grants clemency, there would be no need for a court hearing. The brothers would instantly be free. Gascon now says, "I strongly support clemency for Erik and Lyle Menendez ... They have respectively served 34 years and have continued their educations and worked to create new programs to support the rehabilitation of fellow inmates." Play video content102924_mark_geragos_kal10/29/24 GOING TO THE GOVERNOR TMZ.com TMZ also broke the story ... failing clemency, there's a court hearing December 11 at which Geragos will ask the judge to change the convictions from murder to voluntary manslaughter. Since the brothers have served more than 3 times the maximum sentence for voluntary manslaughter, they would walk out of court free men.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Money Sued Because Lil Wayne's a Bad Sport!!!

Lil Wayne had a front row seat watching Floyd Mayweather beat Manny Pacquiao. He also watched the Ravens beat the 49ers in the 2013 Super Bowl. He even watched the finals of the NCAA Women's Tourney. And he stiffed the ticket brokers ... allegedly. Tickets of America and White Glove International claim Wayne got $119,400 worth of tickets and never paid a cent. According to the lawsuit, Wayne got tickets for the following events: -- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao $67,500 -- Super Bowl XLVII $14,000 -- MTV Video Music Awards $4,000 -- Heat vs. Hawks $11,000 -- Lakers vs. Rockets $11,100 -- Clippers vs. Rockets $11,300 And this is sad ... NCAA Women's Basketball Final Four -- a measly $500. The suit claims Wayne got the tickets between February 2013 and June 2015. The suit names Young Money and Wayne's manager, Cortez Bryant, but not the rapper himself. We reached out to Wayne. So far no word back. Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/14/lil-wayne-sued-tickets-mayweather...

Dr. Dre's Former Counselor Files Restraining Order Against Him

1993 MTV Movie AwardsDr Dre during 1993 MTV Movie Awards at Sony Studios in Culver City, California, United States. (Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic, Inc) The real doctor speaks out. Dr. Dre is currently embroiled in a legal battle with Dr. Charles Sophy. The latter served as Dre's divorce counselor when the legendary producer was splitting from his wife. The divorce was finalized years ago, but Dr. Sophy has come forth with a number of harrowing allegations against Dre. He alleges that he was subjected to threats via text message, and that Dre used "homophobic rhetoric" against him. Due to these claims, Dr. Sophy filed a restraining order against him. TMZ confirmed the order on October 11. Dr. Sophy filed a temporary restraining order against Dr. Dre on the basis of the allegations made against him. For the time being, the producer can not get within a 100 yard distance of Dr. Sophy or his son. The divorce counselor also requested that Dre stop reaching out to hi...

RYAN ROUTH'S SON Arrested For Child Pornography 9/24/2024 10:05 AM PT

The son of Ryan Routh -- the alleged would-be Donald Trump assassin -- has been arrested for possession of child pornography. TMZ got their hands on the court docs ... revealing Oran Routh was taken into custody after investigators say they found hundreds of child pornography files during a search of his Guilford County, North Carolina home Saturday. Ryan Wesley Routh arrest The search was "in connection with an investigation unrelated to child exploitation" -- and a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Carolina told ABC News the unrelated investigation was linked to his dad, Ryan, who’s still locked up without bond awaiting his trial. In the criminal complaint, investigators claim they found videos from a "known child pornography series created outside the state of North Carolina" stored on an SD card from a Samsung Galaxy Note in Oran's bedroom, along with another Galaxy Note that was in Routh's possession. Ryan ...