Skip to main content

Ice Cube Sheds Light On New 'Friday' Movie: 'It's Coming Back'

Ice Cube Sheds Light On New 'Friday' Movie: 'It's Coming Back' Scott Dudelson/Getty Images Ice Cube Sheds Light On New 'Friday' Movie: 'It's Coming Back' by Sam Moore Published on: Oct 22, 2024, 6:45 AM PDT 1 Ice Cube has teased new details about the next Friday movie, which he promises is on the way. Appearing on Gillie Da Kid and Wallo‘s Million Dollaz Worth of Game podcast, the rap legend said: “It’s coming back. We gonna do it. We gonna make it dope, make it funny, bring it up to date, introduce new characters, bring back old characters, create the feeling the movie gives you.” Cube continued: “People love Friday because everyone experienced it. People love Friday because everyone’s lived Friday. Everyone has lived a thousand Fridays.” Watch his comments at the 43:10 mark below. Ice Cube’s comments build on his recent announcement that he was finally getting the go ahead from Warner Bros. to make another sequel to the comedy franchise. “We finally got some traction with Warner Bros.,” he said in an interview with Flavor Flav in June. “They have new leadership. My man Mike DeLuca, who used to be at New Line when I first started, when I first did the first Friday and Players Club and All About the Benjamins — Mike DeLuca was there, so now he’s running Warner Bros.” AD AD LOADING... “It was like, ‘Yo, what the fuck is going on with Friday? Man, let’s get this back online,’” he continued. “And I was a little hot ’cause they had took so long because John Witherspoon passed away. Tiny passed away. A.J. Johnson passed away. “Like, man, we keep losing people and y’all keep dicking around not doing the movie the way it need to be done. They want to do it, but the key is it gotta be done, or we shouldn’t fuck with it. So they finally came to their senses.” Ice Cube Sought Help From Cuba Gooding Jr. On How To Cry In 'Boyz N The Hood' related news Ice Cube Sought Help From Cuba Gooding Jr. On How To Cry In 'Boyz N The Hood' May 9, 2024 During a live taping of Drink Champs at the Rock The Bells festival in 2022, the “No Vaseline” MC explained that he previously presented two scripts to the studio, both of which were rejected. “I’m trying to get it out of Warner Brothers, they don’t believe in the culture, man,” he said at the time, adding that the company retain the distribution rights for any future Friday sequels. AD AD LOADING... “I had two scripts. I wrote one — it was the shit. They was like, ‘Yo, we don’t want Craig and Day-Day in jail ’cause Craig and Day-Day went to jail for selling weed before it was legal!'”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Money Sued Because Lil Wayne's a Bad Sport!!!

Lil Wayne had a front row seat watching Floyd Mayweather beat Manny Pacquiao. He also watched the Ravens beat the 49ers in the 2013 Super Bowl. He even watched the finals of the NCAA Women's Tourney. And he stiffed the ticket brokers ... allegedly. Tickets of America and White Glove International claim Wayne got $119,400 worth of tickets and never paid a cent. According to the lawsuit, Wayne got tickets for the following events: -- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao $67,500 -- Super Bowl XLVII $14,000 -- MTV Video Music Awards $4,000 -- Heat vs. Hawks $11,000 -- Lakers vs. Rockets $11,100 -- Clippers vs. Rockets $11,300 And this is sad ... NCAA Women's Basketball Final Four -- a measly $500. The suit claims Wayne got the tickets between February 2013 and June 2015. The suit names Young Money and Wayne's manager, Cortez Bryant, but not the rapper himself. We reached out to Wayne. So far no word back. Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/14/lil-wayne-sued-tickets-mayweather...

Dr. Dre's Former Counselor Files Restraining Order Against Him

1993 MTV Movie AwardsDr Dre during 1993 MTV Movie Awards at Sony Studios in Culver City, California, United States. (Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic, Inc) The real doctor speaks out. Dr. Dre is currently embroiled in a legal battle with Dr. Charles Sophy. The latter served as Dre's divorce counselor when the legendary producer was splitting from his wife. The divorce was finalized years ago, but Dr. Sophy has come forth with a number of harrowing allegations against Dre. He alleges that he was subjected to threats via text message, and that Dre used "homophobic rhetoric" against him. Due to these claims, Dr. Sophy filed a restraining order against him. TMZ confirmed the order on October 11. Dr. Sophy filed a temporary restraining order against Dr. Dre on the basis of the allegations made against him. For the time being, the producer can not get within a 100 yard distance of Dr. Sophy or his son. The divorce counselor also requested that Dre stop reaching out to hi...

RYAN ROUTH'S SON Arrested For Child Pornography 9/24/2024 10:05 AM PT

The son of Ryan Routh -- the alleged would-be Donald Trump assassin -- has been arrested for possession of child pornography. TMZ got their hands on the court docs ... revealing Oran Routh was taken into custody after investigators say they found hundreds of child pornography files during a search of his Guilford County, North Carolina home Saturday. Ryan Wesley Routh arrest The search was "in connection with an investigation unrelated to child exploitation" -- and a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Carolina told ABC News the unrelated investigation was linked to his dad, Ryan, who’s still locked up without bond awaiting his trial. In the criminal complaint, investigators claim they found videos from a "known child pornography series created outside the state of North Carolina" stored on an SD card from a Samsung Galaxy Note in Oran's bedroom, along with another Galaxy Note that was in Routh's possession. Ryan ...