Skip to main content

Saudi prince held in record Beirut airport drug bust

BEIRUT: A Saudi prince and four others were detained on Monday in Lebanon in the largest drug bust in the history of the Beirut airport, a security source said. Saudi prince Abdel Mohsen Bin Walid Bin Abdulaziz and four others were detained by airport security while allegedly “attempting to smuggle about two tons of Captagon pills and some cocaine,” a security source told AFP. “The smuggling operation is the largest one that has been foiled through the Beirut International Airport,” the source said on condition of anonymity. Captagon is the brand name for the amphetamine phenethylline, a synthetic stimulant. The banned drug is consumed mainly in the Middle East and has reportedly been widely used by fighters in Syria. I am a prince and I do what I want, said drugged-up Saudi royal The security source said the drugs had been packed into cases that were waiting to be loaded onto a private plane that was headed to Saudi Arabia. The five Saudi citizens were still in the airport and would be questioned by Lebanon’s customs authority, the source added. In April 2014, security forces foiled an attempt to smuggle 15 million capsules of Captagon hidden in shipping containers full of corn from Beirut’s port. Lebanon’s state news agency also reported Monday’s drug bust, saying the private plane was to head to Riyadh and was carrying 40 suitcases full of Captagon. Saudi prince arrested on sex crime charge is late King Abdullah’s son: report Saudi Arabia’s large royal family has had past run-ins with authorities in various countries. Late last month, a Saudi prince was arrested in Los Angeles for allegedly trying to force a woman to perform oral sex on him at a Beverly Hills mansion. But authorities decided not to pursue the charge, citing a lack of evidence. In 2013, a Saudi princess was accused in Los Angeles of enslaving a Kenyan woman as a housemaid, but the charges were also eventually dropped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Money Sued Because Lil Wayne's a Bad Sport!!!

Lil Wayne had a front row seat watching Floyd Mayweather beat Manny Pacquiao. He also watched the Ravens beat the 49ers in the 2013 Super Bowl. He even watched the finals of the NCAA Women's Tourney. And he stiffed the ticket brokers ... allegedly. Tickets of America and White Glove International claim Wayne got $119,400 worth of tickets and never paid a cent. According to the lawsuit, Wayne got tickets for the following events: -- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao $67,500 -- Super Bowl XLVII $14,000 -- MTV Video Music Awards $4,000 -- Heat vs. Hawks $11,000 -- Lakers vs. Rockets $11,100 -- Clippers vs. Rockets $11,300 And this is sad ... NCAA Women's Basketball Final Four -- a measly $500. The suit claims Wayne got the tickets between February 2013 and June 2015. The suit names Young Money and Wayne's manager, Cortez Bryant, but not the rapper himself. We reached out to Wayne. So far no word back. Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/14/lil-wayne-sued-tickets-mayweather...

Dr. Dre's Former Counselor Files Restraining Order Against Him

1993 MTV Movie AwardsDr Dre during 1993 MTV Movie Awards at Sony Studios in Culver City, California, United States. (Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic, Inc) The real doctor speaks out. Dr. Dre is currently embroiled in a legal battle with Dr. Charles Sophy. The latter served as Dre's divorce counselor when the legendary producer was splitting from his wife. The divorce was finalized years ago, but Dr. Sophy has come forth with a number of harrowing allegations against Dre. He alleges that he was subjected to threats via text message, and that Dre used "homophobic rhetoric" against him. Due to these claims, Dr. Sophy filed a restraining order against him. TMZ confirmed the order on October 11. Dr. Sophy filed a temporary restraining order against Dr. Dre on the basis of the allegations made against him. For the time being, the producer can not get within a 100 yard distance of Dr. Sophy or his son. The divorce counselor also requested that Dre stop reaching out to hi...

RYAN ROUTH'S SON Arrested For Child Pornography 9/24/2024 10:05 AM PT

The son of Ryan Routh -- the alleged would-be Donald Trump assassin -- has been arrested for possession of child pornography. TMZ got their hands on the court docs ... revealing Oran Routh was taken into custody after investigators say they found hundreds of child pornography files during a search of his Guilford County, North Carolina home Saturday. Ryan Wesley Routh arrest The search was "in connection with an investigation unrelated to child exploitation" -- and a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Carolina told ABC News the unrelated investigation was linked to his dad, Ryan, who’s still locked up without bond awaiting his trial. In the criminal complaint, investigators claim they found videos from a "known child pornography series created outside the state of North Carolina" stored on an SD card from a Samsung Galaxy Note in Oran's bedroom, along with another Galaxy Note that was in Routh's possession. Ryan ...